I feel freer than I have in a long time. I think it’s going to impact my writing soon in a positive way. I haven’t written a lot of words down, but I have done a lot of planning and come up with ideas to increase my word count. These are:
- Read a sentence and figure out if it could be expanded into a full paragraph on one topic as it’s likely I can describe more.
- Repeat the extra important stuff like Danielle Steel does.
- Maybe add some scenes where the bad guys are doing stuff, but the readers can’t tell who it is.
- Random facts about the locations.
- Bring back a character from earlier on to make more use of them.
I think these will help me increase my word count to an acceptable level.
In other news, I’ve finished my reading goal for this year. Not that I’m done reading for the year, but I feel like I’ve accomplished something and each accomplishment, even small, builds the momentum to achieve more.
But for now, I just want to get the rest of the items needed to make tacos.
- Bathroom: The plumber did the work in the unit below mine, but not my shutoffs. Also, I can’t get a response as to when I will get to have mine done. I’m frustrated. It’s a quick job. And it’s stopping me from fixing up my bathroom. I have flooring, a new sink and vanity, and plans for paint & shelving that I can’t get to. Also, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to cut the vanity at all before the shutoffs are in place. So it’s on hold with no idea when it’ll happen.
- Paper: 42 pieces*
- Recliner: 64%
*This is really working for me. Some days I get through twenty items or so! It’s really making a difference and it’s not overwhelming.
- R. Card: 73.22%
- S. Card: 23.5%
- OSAP Loan: 6.86%
- Savings: TBD
I contacted a gym about a winter program they have to ask about the pricing, but haven’t heard back. Maybe I’ll have to call them or stop in. I just want a general price range to figure out if I can swing it. Literally. It is part golf lessons with access to the salt water pool. I have difficulty with the chlorine levels in most pools, so I am really looking forward to this possibility. Also, I’d like to improve my golf game.
- Gazelle: 0% saved
French might not be on pause too much longer as the fall session is approaching. I’m just worried it will be too much while trying to train someone at work, keeping up on my regular workload, and training to replace someone in the winter.
I don’t really know how to measure progress on this. With writing, there is the word count. Cleaning, I’ve got a paper count now. Finances are clear too.
- Memorize: Let It Be – Chunk 1
- Learn: Downtown Abbey
- Choose a song to learn next: I think I’m going to go with About a Girl by Nirvana.
As I mentioned above, I’ve been coming up with ideas for expanding it further.
- The Page & The Magician: 72,254/80,000
So some things like my writing are nearing progress and other things like my reno are stalled. My lack of patience is why I practice the martial art I do. Perhaps I’ll talk about that in the next post.