Though I’m quite tired, I’m already thinking about next year’s Comiccon.
Strange thing… a few days before Comiccon I had this dream that I was throwing rocks at Ursula the Sea Witch from the Little Mermaid… then at Comiccon this lady cosplayed her in the masquerade. She did a fabulous job. In throwing rocks I may have been attempting to put an end to evil within myself according to a dream dictionary. Weird coincidence at any rate.
The clarity I received in talking to friends during Comiccon led to me ending something that wasn’t working for me. As always I’m having mixed feelings, but I know it is the right thing. It was impacting my life negatively in too many areas, including my writing.
Back in the world of the day job we are defining core values at my company, which is exciting. I’m on the committee helping to make it happen. I’m planning a post to talk about my own values since it’s on my mind lately.
At writer’s group tonight we started talking about group goals for the future and supporting each other, which go hand-in-hand. I’m excited! We’ll delve into it more in the coming months. Lots of discussions and decisions to be made, I think.
Current Goals (not necessarily in order)
1. Finish a short story I’m working on for a contest and enter it before week’s end.
2. I need to get The Blood Waitress Club up on Smashwords. First it needs more editing.
3. 3-Day Iaido seminar in Guelph. I need to alter and wash my outfit for this. The top has been altered as of this evening. My belt is slightly short, so I need to add to it. I need to slightly shorten my hakama (special pants).
4. Make this website of mine mobile-friendly.
5. Finish the second draft edit of The Page & The Magician.
6. Start a YouTube channel.
7. Continue learning guitar.
8. Select a costume for next year’s Comiccon to cosplay.
As usual, I have no trouble keeping busy. Off to sleep. Good night 🙂